This year the 16th edition of Jaipur Jewellery show was held from 20th December to 23rd December 2019 at Jaipur Convention and Exhibitor Centre (JECC). As it is the last show of the year, it is also reffered to as the December Show and it has reported strong business. Some of the highlights of the show are:
- First two days saw most retailers across India visiting the show. JJS is perfectly timed, where in all retailers restock for bridal marriages. Unlike last year, show even witnessed strong consumer footfall and sales in last two days.
- Few exhibitors expressed good response as since there has been slow buying happened in last two / three months. This has given good cushion for everyone to seriously stock, as footfall at retail level has been very positive and serious.
- Quality visitor flow in Hall 2 was major concern for many. As many exhibitors felt major buying happens in Hall 1 and then visitor moves Hall 2 with less appetite and mostly looking for exit doors. Few suggested that Hall 2 layout should be rearranged getting bigger booths better brands at the centre square.
-Few concerns raised by retailers are that first two days of the show should be strictly for B2B, premium retailers don’t want to be seen on same floor with their customers.
- The Red Carpet event by Indian Jeweller Magazine, the 9th Edition of IJ Awards, in association with JJS and GIA had Vaani Kapoor as celebrity presenter and saw 500 quality jewellers across India.
-INDOLOGY, a TV Sales channel live from the show floor was an innovative addition this year, which made exhibitor jewellery available to 6 Million people and an alternate sales channel was very well appreciated.
-Interesting seminar topics held, one of the few being organised by IJ on the topic Retail Inventory: How much is too much ? Speakers being Sankar Sen, Subhash Bhola, Himanshu Shekhar and Anil Kataria and was Moderated by Anil Prabhakar.
- Few of the Jaipur known names who made new booths ones amongst many were PC Totuka and Jewel Saga.
- Prominent names from outside Jaipur adding variety to JJS were Modern Jewellers, Anil Bharwani, Romil Jewelry, Priti Bhatia, Vasupati, Laxmi Jewellery, Sanskriti, BC Jain, Neetti, Sparsh and Uma.