GJEPC’s regional office met  the Karur Gold Smith Association and explained the benefits of the Parichay Card as part of its ongoing process to enrol karigars and artisans for it. The Karur Gold Smith Association president Senthilvel, Secretary Tamil Selvan and Treasurer Sakthi Saravanan participated in the meeting along with the working committee of the association.

Parichay Card is an initiative of the GJEPC to ensure proper authentication to cover social security aspects of the unattached workers of the Indian gem and jewellery industry. The objective of this project is to create a verified and well-crafted database of artisans, which will be utilised to provide them various benefits in the future.

The Parichay Card gives workers a valid proof of their employment and identity and makes them eligible for an optional health insurance policy that is highly subsidised. The comprehensive health insurance policy will cover a Parichay Card holder and up to three members of his/her family. The workers have to pay only 25% of the premium amount, and the remaining 75% will be paid from the Swasthya Kosh fund.

Through a presentation, the participants were also made aware of the various services offered by the GJEPC, including the micro membership.